Monday 2 April 2012

getting started again

It has been 2 weeks since I last published here.
I feel like I have been awake for that entire time. My sleeping pattern has really been thrown now that I am back studying again. With assignments due long hours at night are being dedicated to getting things done. And they are only just getting done. Assignment number 1, due to poor time management, lead to 3 hours sleep in 72 hours.  The big draw back is the body just can not function in the way that I want it to. I have had time to exercise but really my body has just not been up to it. So basically it has been a 2 week total absence of strenuous exercise . The main exercise in this period has been walking, and I have not even seriously considered strapping on the HR monitor at all. With only 19 days till the GC tri and still having the intention of running the GC marathon in 12-13 weeks time this break is starting to become a cause for concern. What is becoming harder is starting again, bad habits are so much easier to establish than the good ones. I will definitely be at the start line for the Tri so I have a goal. I do not want to perform at a level that i am not happy with so getting back into training has to happen. WILL HAPPEN.
Sleep seems to be the first thing i need to get a handle on. If the body is not rested the stress I want to place on it can not, and will not be possible.
And yes to those that are as observant as i would be I do see the irony of publishing this late at night when I should probably be in bed sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment