Tuesday 21 February 2012

where did it go?

"If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life. With confidence, you have won even before you have started." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

I had a bit of a meltdown today, Uni starts next week and suddenly it has become very daunting. It has been a while since I have done any form of study or research that has not involved prices. Having a very quick look at one of my subjects that voice in my head that says you "can't do this" got very very loud. That was my day shot, I felt terrible and confidence was gone. As HG would say "where did it go"? You know what where did it go? Why did it go? And when is it coming back? Confidence, people say you either have it or you don't. But you know what today I did, then didn't, and right about now I feel it coming back. How come confidence can just come and go as it pleases? Why do we allow our confidence to take flight on occasion and how is it, like a pigeon it returns in its own good time.
Confidence, self belief call it what you will to me it is such a mystery as to why it comes and goes so often. When it is gone it can be crippling, why it is gone can dominate my mind. Question after question about what has been done differently, what variable was there this time compared to last. The most annoying thing is that ultimately even when the pigeon is only hitting the out maker ability has not gone anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. I think that it is fear of failure can steal our confidence... but you don't need to fear failure..."The only real failure in life is the failure to try." Anonymous
    You can teach your boys that there is no shame in trying and failing... and that with the support of the people who love you, you can just get back up and have another go. Just being willing to get out there, experience all the things that life has to offer, to give it your best shot, and to ENJOY the journey is what is important.. not a number on a scoreboard... not a grade on an exam paper.

    ReplyDelete