Sunday 23 June 2013

Push the Triangle


You make 'em, I amuse 'em.
Dr. Seuss
9 months have passed, so i guess it is like being reborn.

The thing is it is nothing like that at all.

What it is, I think, is a cycle. Before writing I was reading back over my previous posts and realised that most of what i have already written about and the questions that I have asked are still going through my head.
I still ponder the training v exercise argument, motivation is always an issue, I even went past a reticulated bike the other day and started wondering why.
I guess it should not be a surprise as the seasons change, and the focus and priorities shift.

So right now the focus is running. At the end of the Tri season I told myself I was not going to run in as many events this year. While this has held true, I am still attempting a marathon, so I am still running a lot.

The sunshine coast marathon and possible PB is the goal at the moment however this could change in the coming weeks.

Sunshine Coast Marathon


I ran the Noosa Half and missed my goal time by 58sec.
It was a really good enjoyable run. I think I know why I missed my goal which is a good thing. Among a couple of thoughts one is the time I lost when I slowed to let a lady get further ahead of me who’s breathing sounded like she was not going to finish. Her extremely loud and speratic panting really put me off and 18k in I really did not want to hear it.

Training has been going very well mainly due to motivation, I feel very motivated to run right now. Not just run, but exercise/train (not sure which I do) in general. I have even started to a bit more strength work. I am thinking that the extra little bit a variety is helping keep my motivation  levels high.

Running Motivation


Things have been going so well in fact I decided to run the gold coast marathon.
then bang, on cue, 1 week after entering, FLU.
See how cyclic things can be?

So I have had the flu for a week now, this time round I have done very very little while sick after trying to train through last year.
I am just about over it now and ready to go. I actually think it may have been a good rest as I had been doing a fair bit with the GC so close. I think I will have done enough work to go sub 4 at the GC which after last year will be a big improvement, in fact running the whole way will be a massive improvement on last year.

So the cycle continues, do some running - run marathon - try to get better at swimming and riding - do Triathlons.
If the cycle is consistent, I should be writing and posting a little bit more frequently as we get closer to the sunshine coast marathon and the Tri season.
But I guess we will have to wait and see................

No comments:

Post a Comment